How often do we pay attention to our roof? The answer is, probably never. We walk in and out of our house and barely ever look up to see if our roof is in need of any type of repair. Unfortunately for your roof, it might be in need of repair, but due to the lack of inspection it may take a long time for it to get the help it needs. Here at San Jose roofing contractor, Yorkshire Roofing, recommends you inspect your roof at least twice a year, this will be enough time to alert you whether or not your roof needs to be fixed or replaced. If you haven’t been inspecting your roof and you see some bad signs, it might be time for a new roof; here’s how you can tell:
- If your roof is 20+ years old, it’s probably a good idea to replace your roof as soon as possible. Even though it has held pretty good until now, most experts agree that a typical roof will last between 20 to 25 years, it would be better to replace your roof before it causes you any unnecessary problems.
- Missing or curling and buckling shingles is a sign that your roof could be failing. Check the singles to make sure the tabs are intact.
- Watch for signs on moisture, rot or mold. Mold, fungi and bacteria can grow quickly and this can greatly damage your roof.
- What is your roof made of? If your roof is made of cedar, then watch out for splits in dry climates and moss in moist climates. If your roof is made of tile watch out for broken or cracked tiles, only a specialist can replace these.
- Extreme water damage is a good reason to think about replacing your roof. Mild water damage can be fixed. Contact a San Jose Roofing Contractor to help you determine whether your roof needs to be replaced or just repaied.
Remember that it is better to start now before you have no choice. Make sure to contact San Jose Roofing Contractor, Yorkshire Roofing for all your roofing replacement or repair needs.