Different Roofing Materials for your Bay Area Roofing ProjectPosted on: March 25, 2015
It’s time to renovate your roof and you have no idea what material to choose from. There are so many great materials you can use for your Bay Area Roofing project that it can be a little overwhelming to choose one that works for you. Here are six great options that will make the whole process a little easier:
- Asphalt Shingles – asphalt shingles are the most type of Bay Area Roofing material. Odds are, your roof is currently covered in them! Asphalt shingles are the most inexpensive and come in different shades. These are usually guaranteed for 20 to 30 years and require little to no maintenance. Asphalt shingles are very durable and fairly simple to install. If you don’t care about standing out, than these are perfect for you. Your Bay Area Roofing contractor should be able to provide you with samples to help you determine which shade, and thickness works better for you.
- Wood Shingles – wood shingles will definitely make your roof stand out, but there are some down sides to this beautiful alternative. If properly installed, wood shingles can last you from 30 to 50 years, however, wood shingles are not fireproof and are very hard to install and require a lot of maintenance. If not maintained correctly, you are likely to have many issues with these shingles. Make sure your Bay Area Roofing contractor is knowledgeable about shingle wooden shingle selection and installation.
- Slate Shingles – slate shingles are a beautiful option for roofing. It is a very high-end material that can shed ice and snow. But it is also very heavy and requires the right foundation to make sure your home and withstand the weight. It is expensive to buy and install but there are many alternatives of engineered products that make slate look alike roofing shingles that are much less expensive and weight less. Contact your Bay Area Roofing contractor to find out more about this beautiful and classing roofing material.
- Ceramic – just like some of the other Bay Area Roofing materials we have mentioned, ceramic roofing is beautiful but also heavy and can be expensive to install. A good Bay Area Roofing contractor will locate a master roofer to ensure that a ceramic roof has been installed correctly.
- Metal Roofing – metal roofs are cheap and can last for a very long time. There are different variations of metal roofs and can range from different price points. These are a great option for all those who aren’t fans of constantly providing maintenance to a roof and hold up well during a fire. Metal is one of those materials that if not installed correctly can cause leaks and future headaches.
- Engineered Tiles – there are many types of roofing shingles that are manufactured to look like wood or shake and other roofing materials. These products are up to fire code standards and are often less expensive and require less maintenance. If you are looking to install engineered shingles, talk to your Bay Are Roofing contraction and he or she may be able to guide you on the right path to picking the perfect-engineered shingle for your home.
With so many different types of roofing materials out there, it is hard to choose just one. Some can make your roof stand out from the others, and require a little more maintenance than others but in the end, your Bay Area Roofing contractor can help guide you on the right path to finding the right shingles for you and your home!